Monday, May 2, 2011

back here...

I ADMIT:
this blog has suffered an identity crisis ever since the wave of social media and the launch and marketing of my album!

i have been distracted by twitter, facebook and weibo so much -
the constant need for short status updates,
funny pictures,
the lastest news about my promotional appearances,
the where i've been, what i've done, who i've seen...

the statistics on how many Likes i've had,
how many comments...
it would be really nice to not know the numbers!

i've long removed the blog hit counter and i don't know how many people are reading this,
so i can pretend that nobody is,
and i can say whatever i want without any pressure of knowing whether you LIKE this or NOT.


for the record,
all promotional news will be on the official www.taykewei.com
and i had an AWESOME time in Hong Kong recently!!

but usually, by the time i'm done organising the photos on facebook i'm too tired to write about my thoughts in any depth.

and by the time i have any time to sit down and recount my gratitude, the promotions would have been weeks back.



i have thought of closing this blog
and moving on to a next chapter of my life
(maybe onto tumblr?)
but i feel drawn to my roots
(and here you can even scroll back to 5 years ago and check whether i've done any plastic surgery)
and i need space like this to vent.

the last i felt this way about this blog was in October,
just when the promotions were starting.

i see a pattern now:
there seems to be a desperation to cling onto the "who you really are" before you embark upon a slew of promotions which allows the media/critics/reviews to define who you are.

i'm back here now,
because promotions have ended,
and i am looking within myself to create the next album,
and i am back to writing,
which is more than just a touch of inspiration or spontaneous sharing,
it is dedication and commitment to sit at my keyboard, to hold my guitar, and to share the best of me that i can muster.

i am blessed to be able to create music, and i treat this gift with respect, and a little fear sometimes...

9 comments:

teren said...

really can't wait for your next album ya~ ^.^

Anonymous said...

glad to have you back here! :D

ookinkioo said...

Dear Kewei,

For me, your blog is talking about a girl on the path of chasing dream during this years. And you are a role model to remind me not give up anyway.

So, your words really made my day! Thank you for your encouragement, i should work harder on writing my music too.

Please keep blogging! Awaiting to see you again and listen to your next album.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
建章 said...

加油!
至少让我看到真心觉得毫无面具的艺人在这儿写部落。
祝福

Kelly said...

Although I had been distracted with the social media, I am still writing because there is always a need to express ourselves to REMEMBER what we've done, who we've met, when we've been inspired and how we exactly felt at certain point of our lives.

I always think that BLOG is my longest and most genuine story and it should only end when I die. The entries will always be there for whom we left behind in future ;)

Looking forward to see your team at my bro's wedding this Tuesday. Takecare Kw!

XinZi said...

yes i hope you'll find yourself and find inspiration to make more amazing music =)
song dedication - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olMFIfdcNwk

Chee Yong said...

You should continue this blog...it's one of the channels you can speak your side of the story and allow people to appreciate the hard work and life behind the scenes. keep it up. While more often than not, most people cannot fully appreciate what you are going through, letting your feelings out cures the mind!

Cheers
CY
Rem hood?

Simplastics said...

it takes a lot of hard work and dedication to become successful in the music industry.

keep up the good work on this blog and your social media sites. it will pay off in the long run.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...